Unholy Union : Rebecca Black and Lamb of God

So I heard a lot of noise about this song by Rebecca Black. Haven't heard the song itself, but the lyrics were impeccable. But somehow, I felt they are incomplete. Lamb of God completes them for her. These are the two songs, Friday (RB) and Laid to Rest (LOG) put together, lyrically alone, and see how good they go together. This comes off as a message to RB, I feel.

So here's how it goes...

---

If there was a single day I could live (Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah)
A single breath I could take (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'd trade all the others away (oooh yeah, yeah yeah)

7am, waking up in the morning, the bloods on the wall,
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs, so you might as well just admit it,
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal, and bleach out the stains
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’, commit to forgetting it
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’, better off empty and blank
Gotta get down to the bus stop,
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (left with a single pathetic trace of this)

Kickin’ in the front seat, smother another failure
Sittin’ in the back seat, lay this to rest
Gotta make my mind up, console yourself
Which seat can I take?, you're better alone

It’s Friday, Friday, destroy yourself
Gotta get down on Friday, see who gives a fuck
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend, absorb yourself
Friday, Friday, you're better alone
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, destroy yourself

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah), I'll chain you to the truth
Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah), for the truth shall set you free
Fun, fun, fun, fun, I'll turn the screws of vengeance
Lookin’ forward to the weekend, and bury you with honesty

7:45, we’re drivin’ on the highway, I'll make all your dreams come to life
Cruisin’ so fast, I want time to fly, and slay them as quickly as they came

Fun, fun, think about fun, console yourself
You know what it is, you're better alone
I got this, you got this, destroy yourself
My friend is by my right, see who gives a fuck
I got this, you got this, absorb yourself
Now you know it, you're better alone


See who gives a FUCK




---

Now since lyrics is the only thing abundant in RB's rant, LOG cannot keep up. Their message is plain. And clear.

This is a match made in hell.




>

0 comments:

Post a Comment